Signs of an imbalanced gut include:
- Stomach problems such as gas, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation
- Mood swings
- Depression or anxiety
- Suppressed immunity or autoimmune disorders
- Skin problems, like eczema
- Food allergies or intolerances.
Here is your Gut Cleanse Cheat Sheet
FOODS TO ADD TO YOUR DIET:
- Water, this is crucial for cleansing your entire body.
- All fresh seasonal vegetables especially Cabbage, Kale, Asparagus, Broccoli and other Brassica Vegetables.
- All fresh seasonal fruit especially Watermelon, Bananas, Raspberries and Pears.
- All fresh herbs and spices especially Ginger, Garlic and Turmeric.
- Probiotics are the “good bugs” and can be found in fermented foods as Sauerkraut, Kefir, Coconut Kefir Yogurt, Kombucha, Miso and Kimchi.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – which stimulates digestion
- Gluten free grains (Rice, Quinoa, Buckwheat and Millet)
- Beans and Legumes
- Avocado, extra virgin Olive Oil, Raw Nuts and Seeds, Nut butters & Coconut oil.
- Herbal tea and Green tea
- Psyllium husk (a great source of fibre for bowel function)
- Cultured yogurt
FOODS TO AVOID:
- Dairy (natural unflavoured yogurt is ok)
- Gluten (wheat bread, cous cous, pasta, rye, spelt)
- Fried Foods
- Highly Processed meats such as deli meats, red meat, bacon and sausages
- Processed/ Refined foods
- Sugar, sweets, milk chocolate, jams, fruit spreads
- Alcohol, coffee, soft drinks
- Processed foods containing high fructose corn syrup, sorbitol, and other artificial sweeteners
- Non-Organic Meats which may contain antibiotics.
- Margarine, artificial colours, flavours, additives, flavour enhancers & hydrogenated fats