About us Charity Mission
The Healthy Life Foundation
Today, we are living longer than ever before, but for many of us that extended life will be spent fighting diseases and living with pain and suffering. Ageing is the biggest risk factor for the major diseases facing society today, including cancer, heart disease, stroke and dementia. To help us to enjoy our longer lives, we need to tackle age-related diseases. The Healthy Life Foundation has been set up to fund research into age-related diseases.
The mission of The Healthy Life Foundation is to support scientific and medical research targeted at preventing degenerative disease and extending both human health span and life span and thus improving quality of life nationally and globally.
While we do our good works let us not forget that the real solution lies in a world in which charity will have become unnecessary.
To fundraise for and award grants to cutting-edge world-leading research into ageing, research that is translational with clear patient benefit whilst also taking all steps necessary to ensure the research funded is as cost-effective as possible.
We aim to fund research programmes in the following disease-related areas:
- Ageing, neurodegeneration, and rejuvenation medicine
- Repair and regenerative medicine
- Cardiac and circulatory metabolism
- Tumour metabolism and metastasis
- Inflammation as a metabolic disease of oxidative stress
- Discovery of metabolism-related biomarkers and drug therapies
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Inherited metabolic disorders
- Caloric restriction and disease prevention